BloodGuilt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Script how to

2 posters

Go down

Script how to Empty Script how to

Post  Killbob Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:09 am

To do a descriptive emote the only way you can do it is by using *Insert emotive text* /me does not work unfortunately.

There are lots of other options though!

You can type '/emote' then press TAB twice which will list them all for you.
or:
You can use a macro, for example if you want a macro that makes you bow you would type,

'/Macro BOW /emote bow' that will create a macro and place it in your macro window (you just double click it in your macro window then and it will perform it)
(Format: /macro YOUR-MACRO-NAME /<action>)

OR: If you want to go flat out and have a script to do a performance or multiple emotes and speech...)

<snip> <paste from guildsite>
You can make scripts very easily in notepad. (To find notepad hit start/all programs/accessories/notepad.)

All you do is type your text in notepad as you would in game, save it then delete the .txt off the filename. pop it into the scripts folder inside your AoC Directory. ( to delete the .txt.. you will need to go to.. start/my computer/tools/folder options/view/scroll down till you see "hide extensions for known file types" if you see a check mark uncheck it/apply.)

Then you just type in the script file name in game and viola.

Here is a very basic one:

Quote:
/v Greetings Bloodguilt Guild mate!
/bow (note this has to be on a seperate line as this is a emote that the game has..which btw any emote can go here that the game has in it.)
-Copy and paste the quoted text into notepad.
-Save that as s-hello.txt ( you can save it as /wave or any emote that is not in the game.. like /abc.. whatever you want so as to remember it.)
-Delete .txt off the end
-Put it in the scripts folder inside your AoC Directory ( to find this folder.. start/explore/Funcom/Age of conan/script)
-When in game type /s-hello (or whatever file name you have chosen) and it will say 'Greetings Bloodguilt Guild mate!' in vicinity chat followed by your character bowing. (note.. this will only work in the say chat box)

You can also add colors to your text

Quote:
/v <font color="yellow">Greetings Bloodguilt Guild mate!</font> (note yellow and green or white seem to only work).
/bow
That would make 'Greetings Bloodguilt Guild mate!' bright yellow in the chat.
Killbob
Killbob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Script how to Empty Re: Script how to

Post  Neratheheartless Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:56 pm

Hello,

As you know I am new here and I have not been able to find my macro window. Can someone tell me where it is. and I can't seem to get /emote wave to work does that not work in this game?

Thank you,

Nera

Neratheheartless

Back to top Go down